Saturday, May 24, 2014

WinAuth and Wine on Ubuntu 14.04

Didn't see much information on WinAuth working via wine so I was surprised to find out how simple it was to get it working in Ubuntu using PlayOnLinux (4.2.2)

These is my setup:

Set up a new drive by clicking configure.


Select New.



Select 32 bits Windows installation.


I'm using the Wine 1.7.15 (32bits).


Call it "Winauth".


Once the step is done, go back to the configuration window and click on "Install Component", select dotnet40 and install.



Once done, open a terminal and copy your Winauth.exe and if you have winauth.xml from your windows directory, copy that too:


$ cp WinAuth.exe  ~/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Winauth/drive_c
$ cp winauth.xml ~/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Winauth/drive_c



Go back to the configuration window, making sure that Winauth drive is selected, click "Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive".




Click Browse.


You'll be able to find Winauth.exe in the window that shows up. Click Open and once done, exit the configuration window. You should have a shortcut on the desktop as well..



Here it is :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello. I'm having a problem following your guide. I did what you did, but the programm works as if it was broken, it can open onlt the main window and nothing else(it gets frozen while trying to load Steam, Battle.net and etc). Could you please help me here? I really need to get the app to work. Thank you in advance.

Unknown said...

Could you please tell me what version of winauth were you using?